Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Dakota Sunrise

Okay everyone, here goes my desperate attempt to show to you what I see each day. This land is one of romantic ambiance mixed with colors that I cannot define. I snapped this shot today on my way to the ranch and only wish I had more than 7.1 megapixels to use. It illustrates the beauty of the land and is also sign of the harshness. The pic was shot at about 7:30 am and shows the sun rising on a calm morning over the southeastern buttes ahead of a coming Alberta Clipper. It was approximately 50 degrees this morning and by 11 am the wind was about 40 miles per hour from the northwest. Although it is not getting cold yet, it prepares me for the coming winter. In a sense I anticipate the changing seasons with nervous excitement because snow and winter colors can only exacerbate the natural beauty of this place. Each day I view such splendor I become even more convinced that this was the culmination of all of God's work here and he simply destroyed the mold after making North Dakota. There is no way to get any closer to heaven while still on earth than where I now call home.

No comments: